Sunday, October 2, 2011

Power Outage

So yesterday I had too much work to do (grading mainly) that I didn't really do anything fun until...the power went out.
Actually I didn't really do a lot of fun stuff then either. Here's basically how my day went:
Get up around 8 and make some delicious eggs.
Start grading.
Take a break around noon to go to the Math Department Annual Picnic (it rained).
Go to my office to finish grading.
Finish grading and reward myself with a Jamba Juice (Pumpkin Smash if you must know).
Finish the PowerPoint for my class for next week and start making a worksheet.
Go back to my apartment. I was there for literally 5 minutes before the power went out. By this time of day (or night) it was dark outside, which means it was dark inside too. I decided to go back on campus to get some more work done (and so I could microwave my supper).
Arrive back in the office and microwave then ravenously devour my supper.
Start the assignment for Professional Development Seminar (the class is as "fun" as it sounds).
Play racquetball with Marco who just happened to also be in the office on a Saturday evening (yes we have no lives).
Finish the assignment for PDS (surprisingly, I've never called it PDS before).
Go back to the now electrified apartment where my smoke detector has started beeping periodically, much to my roommates' annoyance.
Steal the battery from my clock and put it in the smoke detector.
Miscellaneous nighttime rituals.

1 comment:

  1. WOW! what saturday might plans! I had a much better evening. I got to babysit for Kinzie and Dane.

    ReplyDelete