Saturday, September 3, 2011

Tastier Cookie Experiment

So today after doing some climbing and playing soccer, I went back to something I'm relatively good at: baking. I may or may not have eaten all the cookies I made a few days ago and have been craving some more. I decided to try out another new, healthy recipe. Here's how it went:

Step 0: Buy ingredients.The only ingredients I had were vanilla, almond meal, and salt all of which I bought for the last batch. Sorry no picture.

Step 1: Mix wet & dry ingredients separately

 Step 2: Mix and add chocolate chips

 Step 3: Drop on parchment paper lined baking sheets

 Step 4: Bake!

I would say these cookies are tastier than the ones I made a few days ago. They have coconut, a better texture, and more complex flavor.

Here's the recipe:

Nikki's Healthy Cookies
Indredients:
3 large, ripe bananas, well mashed (about 1.5 cups)
1 t. vanilla
1/4 c. coconut oil, warmed just so it's not solid
2 T. agave nectar
2 c. oats
2/3 c. almond meal
1/3 c. unsweetened shredded coconut
1/2 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. salt
1 t. baking powder
6-7 oz chocolate chips

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350.
In a large bowl mash bananas and add vanilla, coconut oil, & agave nectar. Set aside. In another bowl whisk together oats, almond meal, coconut, cinnamon, salt, & baking powder. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop dollops of dough on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.. Bake for 12 - 14 minutes.
Makes 2-3 dozen


4 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa-
    I'm enjoying reading your blog! Hope everything is going well. With all this talk of cookies, I think I'm going to make monster cookies. I'm sure your cookies are much healthier!
    Audra

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made health cookies?? wierd, and its good to see you climbing? Oh btw, meet any handsome dudes that i could be best friends with?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Audra: they are healthier, but not as tasty. Monster cookies sound great!
    Luke: I meant healthy not health. There's a climbing gym on campus and it's free for students! I've got to get belay certified (i forget how to do all the knots) and find people to go with but I think it will be fun. Maybe when you guys come out we can go. You will probably have to pay money though. I'm ignoring your other comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. judging by the picture i think u used more chips than the recipe called for... that a girl.
    im so glad that you have fun things that you like to do. and thats awesome that you get in the gym for free. oh and if you do meet some "handsome dudes" you should be mean because i dont want you to live down there forever.... but if you do i guess ill get over it. haha.

    ReplyDelete