Thursday, September 1, 2011

Tasty Cookie Experiment

I've been wanting to try out some healthy cookie recipes for a while now. Flagstaff is a pretty hippie-ish town that has more Natural/Healthy markets than regular ones (not really, but it's pretty close).  So today I hit up New Frontiers Natural Market and stocked up on the essentials (almond flour & agave nectar) and started baking.

Step 1: Get out all the ingredients

 Step 2: Mix wet and dry ingredients separately

 Step 3: Mix all ingredients & add chocolate chips

 Step 4: Form cookies

 Step 5: Bake

 Step 6: Eat! Best when served warm with a glass of milk

Overall, I would call this experiment a success. These were some of the easiest cookies I've ever made. No mixer required, which is a good thing because I don't have one! The only catch is that a few of the ingredients aren't normally in the pantry and they are a little expensive/hard to come by.
Bottom line: I will be making these again!

In case you're wondering, here's the recipe:

Almond Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ingredients:
1 c. almond flour/meal (ground up almonds, available in most natural markets)
1/4 t. baking soda
1/8 t. salt
1/8 t. cinnamon
2 T olive oil
2 T agave nectar
1/2 t. vanilla
1/4 c. chocolate chips

Directions:
Mix dry ingredients and wet ingredients in separate bowls. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until combined. Add chocolate chips. Drop by spoonfuls onto baking sheet. Bake for 7 minutes at 350 on parchment-paper-lined baking sheets. Makes about a dozen cookies.

3 comments:

  1. mmm, looks good. im glad that your finding fun things to do and ppl to do them with. i talked to your mom last night at Katie's personal shower... (yay for personal showers... :(...) anyhow, she said your doing good and you dont seem too lonely. i want to come visit ya sometime. see ya at Katies wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this is going to sound weird, but I'm sad I had to miss Katie's shower :(
    Anyway the reason I'm not lonely is because I'm really busy. I would love visitors!
    I'm excited to come home for Katie's wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ya. i understand. showers aren't all bad. sweet well i'll see you in a couple weeks. im excited too.

    ReplyDelete