Saturday, August 27, 2011

The Top of Arizona

Today I hiked to the top of Arizona! I hiked Humphrey's Peak with some of the GTA's and the GTA coordinator. It's only about 4.8 miles one way, but it is tough! You climb over 3000 feet and the elevation at the top is 12,633. It is the tallest point in Arizona. It took about 3.5 hours to get to the summit and another 2 or so hours to get down. We had the best weather. It was only a little windy and visibility was so good we could see the north rim of the Grand Canyon.

We got a group photo at the top (there were 9 of us) but I don't have a copy of it. If I can get one, I'll post it later. In the mean time, here are the pictures I took:









2 comments:

  1. Wowie! So magnificent! Those are amazing pics! Super awesome you had good weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks amazing... makes me miss hiking. Natalia said she is coming to visit. How fun!

    ReplyDelete