Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Math Stats

This is a homework assignment I recently completed for STA 673 - Mathematical Statistics I. There are a few things I'd like to point out:
  • While it is 7 pages long, there are only 5 questions. If you think this is bad...it's not. This is the final write up. The first time I tried these problems, I used 12 pages.
  • The first problem took three pages (and a little of the fourth).
  • For problem #1, if I had not written the preliminary results, I would have had to integration by parts 14 times! In case you don't know what integration by parts is, this is a ridiculous amount of times for one problem.
Today we had a test in this class. No calculator was required/necessary. On the test, I proved some stuff (one of the things was that E(Y) = E(E(X|Y))), wrote a paragraph, and drew some pictures among other things. This is just a taste of what I'm studying. In case you were wondering this is my most difficult class and the fun continues next semester with STA 674 - Mathematical Statistics II!

No comments:

Post a Comment