Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Summer Plans

I finally know what I'm going to be doing this summer and I'm really excited about it!

I got an internship at Seagate Technology in Longmont, Colorado. Seagate is a world leading manufacturer of hard drives for computers and other electronics. My official job title is Data Analyst V. I'm not exactly sure what the V stands for but I'll basically be analyzing reliability and performance data and trying to determine factors that can improve reliability and performance as well as reducing the variability of these factors in the manufacturing process.

I'm really excited about this internship for several reasons. This is the type of work (statistical analysis and/or predictive modeling) I want to do when I graduate. Seagate is a really cool company and working with hard drives is much more exciting than working with insurance. It's in Colorado which I think will be an excellent place to spend the summer.

I plan on driving to Denver the day after finals (Friday May 11th) and then flying to Indiana. I'll be in Indiana for a couple weeks and then the whole family is going to vacation in Denver for Memorial Day weekend. Luke and I will stay and everyone else will go back to Indiana. I'll start work on the Tuesday after Memorial Day and Luke starts at his job at an outfitter a couple hours north of Denver the week after that.

The next couple weeks will be crazy with finals and packing/moving but I really wanted to be home for Mother's Day because, well, my mom is awesome :)

3 comments:

  1. Holy crap! Im not working at a summer camp! Everyone seems to think i am. Its a outfitter! Waaaaaay cooler than a summer camp.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa! I also want to say I have an awesome daughter!

    ReplyDelete